CLASS CONDITIONING CYCLE 1, PHASE 1
Cycle 1 of our programming is going to be fun! In phase 1, through the end of May, the biggest highlight will include visiting ‘Hero’ WODs on Monday leading into ‘Murph’ on Memorial Day.
Our biggest goal in class conditioning every week is to expose our members to the following primary metabolic pathways:
- Aerobic (longer, slower, uses either carbohydrates and fats for fuel)
- Anaerobic (short, fast, intense, uses carbohydrates for fuel)
- Phosphogen (explosive, uses stored energy for fuel)
Our next goal is to create balanced variance by emphasizing different movements each day.
MONDAY – Memento Mori (Hero WOD)
TUESDAY – Alternate each week between anaerobic (short, fast, intense) and mid-range steady state aerobic pathways
- Includes snatch & squat emphasis
WEDNESDAY – Longer aerobic pathway
- Includes horizontal & vertical upper body pulling emphasis
THURSDAY – Alternate each week between anaerobic (short, fast, intense) and mid-range steady state aerobic pathways
- Includes hip hinge & clean emphasis
FRIDAY – Alternate each week between longer aerobic and lactic buffering intervals
- Includes horizontal & vertical upper body pushing emphasis
Next week, we’ll highlight the focus work programming!